To play soccer at your best, you need to improve your training, skill and fitness. I have identified 10 areas that are essential to your soccer fitness. These 10 areas will be briefly covered in this article.
1) You will need to increase your strength and endurance to be able play soccer at the highest level for 90 minutes. It is important to not get so tired halfway through that you are unable to run another step without your lungs exploding.
2) Keep this in mind. You will need to increase your cardiovascular conditioning to make it easier for your body get the oxygen it requires. This will allow you to continue playing soccer without getting tired.
3) Learn what foods you should eat, and even more important, which foods you shouldn’t eat. To lower your body’s fat content, you can increase your metabolism and live score lose weight. FAST FOOD ESTABLISHMENTS ARE NOT SUFFICIENT. As a friend of mine used to say, “Put your fork down!”
4) You must eliminate all unhealthy habits from your life. Do you like a glass of beer every night? Too bad!
5) A soccer workout routine should be established that uses all your body’s maximum potential.
6) You will need to give up certain foods. You will need to stop eating certain foods, not only those you know are bad for your health but also those you believe are good for you. This was not going to be easy, I promise!
7) You will learn that your body is interconnected during your soccer fitness training. It is important that you understand how each system works to make your game on the soccer pitch a success.
8) There’s more than just getting fit to play soccer. It’s important to learn how to play soccer! A list of simple soccer drills and training that can be done quickly will help you become more comfortable with the ball and your role in the team.
Soccer is not an exception. Soccer is a sport that focuses on one area of your body. To be able to get on the field quickly and safely, you will need to understand how injuries are treated and how to recover from them.
Tend to remember why you are playing soccer. It must be FUN. The best part is that the exercise, training and practice must all be enjoyable. Here are some fun, but odd activities that will help you get in shape while having fun. This is crucial.
You will also need a lot of WILL POWER, which I completely forgot to mention. It will be well worth it.
Rik Talavera, The Soccer Blogger, has a keen interest coaching soccer, training, and skills. He offers a free 7-part Soccer Fitness Training & Skills eCourse for all his readers. Click the link to get your copy of the “Soccer Fitness Regime”, which outlines the key components.